The protection against fire, even in times like this, is still critical. And Apollo are here to meet the demand. The crisis has presented certain challenges to production, but we remain committed to our customers. We will meet orders, whilst at the same time, keeping our colleagues safe.
With the aid of Government guidance, we have been able to continue production by initiating protective measures that keep our people safe. Over 70 changes have been implemented, all with a singular purpose. Eliminate or limit the potential spread of the virus. Below is just a handful of examples:
- Providing hand sanitizer, face masks, and allowing for regular breaks to wash hands
- Increased cleaning schedule, including anything that could be touched by a colleague; taps, door handles, push plates, handrails, vending machines, payment devices, lift & hoist controls, office equipment, and all areas used for eating
- Signage posted throughout detailing; the two-metre separation and the ‘one-way’ road guidelines. This limits the amount of foot traffic and the possibility of too many people walking past each other
- Canteen now only supplying takeaway meals
- Temperature checks
- Colleagues working from home wherever possible
At the heart of these difficult times are those that are still working and making sure to support our customers. They’ve had to adapt quickly, and they’ve done it with exceptional spirit! Here are what some of them have to say:
“I think Apollo are dealing with the current crisis very well. At such a difficult time, the leadership team have been incredibly supportive and informative with the whole business. I want to make special mention to Louise Randall and her ‘Operations team’. In just a short space of time, they’ve managed to review the current ‘UK Government Guidelines’ and act, putting in place a structure and making sure the guidelines were being adhered to.
“Louise gave everyone the support they needed, tackling the arrangements of people’s childcare and even making sure they had a safe passage home on a late shift.
“On a personal note, it has been a very difficult time for all of us, emotions have been running high, and the necessary changes had to be put in place within such short notice that it feels like your heads spinning. But we’ve all stuck together, and everyone continues to be truly amazing.”
- Dave Pang, Production Leader
“Apollo have committed to social distancing. Alongside changing the production lines and bringing in double day shifts with two people per line. There’s even been a ‘one-way’ walking system that’s been put in place. And face masks are available if you wish to use them.
“I think it is being handled very well, especially when you consider that this is a new experience for everybody not just us at Apollo. I have my own difficulties that I’m dealing with at home and I think I have been very lucky at Apollo, and I am very thankful.”
- Ali Large, Production Operative
Required form '0' does not exist.